gain[z] box

Use What You Have....The Gallon Jug Workout

May 12, 2017


Hey you! How are all the things? Did you have a great week? Once again my week was jam packed full of all sorts of stuff. But let me tell you about this past weekend. Saturday was just the best! Of course i woke up bright and early and hit the gym. We have taken a few weeks off from Saturday morning bootcamp so i have used that time to really focus on squats and deadlifts. This Saturday i also worked on my bench. I PR’d! I’m not going to tell you what my PR was because it was so lame but darn it…I did it!….by myself. BAM! I was at the gym for over 2 hours! What is wrong with me!? And…I easily could have been there at least another 30 minutes! Craziness. It’s just, on Saturdays I feel like I have no time limit so I just want to do everything! Are you bored yet? Are you tired of hearing about my gym-capades? Ok ok…moving on. 

After the gym I came home and made the most awesome waffles….Paleo waffles of course. I have been dying to use my coconut syrup so i had to indulge a little. You can find this amazing waffle recipe in Brittney Angell’s cookbook Every Last Crumb .

(Sorry...no picture of the waffles. I scarfed them down before I remembered to take one.) 

The weather was so amazing Saturday. It was low to mid 80’s with a nice breeze. Too breezy to go canoeing but  nice enough to walk around outside without dripping in sweat. The hubs and I went down to Clearwater Beach. We really hated going there for awhile because it was just so run down and just dirty but they have really spruced it up! Good on ya Clearwater! We walked around and then we ended up at the putt putt golf course. Believe it or not we tied. Jon always wins. In the 12+ years we have been together I have never won. I came so close on Saturday too, but the darn 18th hole screwed me over! But we tied. It was a lot of fun. 


After that we went to this place over there, Shepherd’s, and just had a little snack, we each had a drink and just listened to the live music. It was fantastic! We never get a chance to just chill like that.

That night we ate in which seems to be my favorite thing to do lately. It's not like we eat out all week, which we don't, but there is just something about eating at home, watching TV and then sitting my butt on the couch with my husband. Usually at that point we are pigging out on dessert. This weekend i made this deliciousness right here for dessert! "PB” & J Cups for the win!!!.

I even made the jam from scratch! They were phenomenal. Another good cookbook find. This one was from Julie Bauer’s Paleo Cook Book.

Ok, so now on to what this post is really about. Maybe a month or two ago I posted a little workout on the Instagram using items I already had in my truck. I want to continue this trend because I think it is important to realize that fitness is everywhere. You don't have to pay a bunch of money to a big fancy gym to look and feel your best. Plus, if you’re just starting out on your fitness journey you may not be ready to show off all that your working with at the gym. I get it. I’ve been there….several times. 

Here in Florida we are not only the Sunshine State but we are the Hurricane State. We have a whole season centered around this weather event. Every year at the beginning of Hurricane season we are reminded to stock up on food, water and other supplies in the event a hurricane graces us with its presence. So, because I happen to have gallons of water on hand, as every good Floridian should, this, Use What You Have, workout is with 2, Gallon water jugs! And it's so convenient you can even do the whole workout in your kitchen like I did! Enjoy!

Use What you Have.. The Gallon Jug Workout

Warm up

1 min Jumping Jacks
1 min Air Squats
1 min Butt Kicks
1 min High Knees

Workout:
Do 3 rounds each group of exercises
before moving onto the next group

Group 1: Water jug squats    10 reps
               Squat pick ups       10 reps
               Front lunges          10 reps
              Reverse Lunges    10 reps


Followed by: 1 minute Jumping Jacks

Group 2: Hammer Curls      10 reps
                Tricep Kick Backs 10 reps

Followed by: 1 minute Butt Kicks

Group 3: Lateral raises.      10 reps
               Shoulder Press.   10 reps
                Rows                    10 reps

Followed by: 1 minute High Knees


Let me know how you do!



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Barbells and Boy Shorts. Design by FCD.