gain[z] box

Use what you have....The Laundry Workout

June 9, 2017



Celebrate Friday, come on! Let’s Celebrate! Bring your good times and your laughter too, I wanna celebrate Friday with you! Yah!
Welcome back with your bad self! What have you been up to this week? Saving the world? I feel you, I feel you. I went to Barre class again this week. If you want to read about my first Barre class experience you can find that post here (Jennifer Tries...Barre.) I’m still trying to find an early morning Yoga class for Sunday mornings. They all seem to start at 10am. Um…I wanna get it out of the way so I can enjoy the day people! This past weekend I could really feel that my body needed to take time away from the gym grind and just stretch. Do you ever feel like your body just doesn’t want to go? Ugh, I hate that feeling. Saturdays, I usually spend 2- 2 ½ hours at the gym working on my bench, squats and deadlifts but this past Saturday my body was not having it. My body felt beat up, so I tried to listen to it on Sunday. I tried.  I really wanted to go to yoga on Sunday but that didn’t happen because I got tired of searching for a class. So, I went to the gym, did some light cardio and spent the rest of my time stretching. I felt bad about not hitting it hard that day but I felt so much better on Monday. I guess there is something to this whole rest day idea……….. Darn it! I hate when science and my body are right!!!
This week I have talked to a couple people about making time for exercise. I think people approach exercise as an all or nothing task, but it doesn’t have to be.  I enjoy going to the gym but I also remember what it’s like to dread it, to see it as a chore.  It took me a long time to really enjoy it and respect all of the things my body can do. If you’re just starting out on your fitness journey or have a hard time sticking with it, what’s hindering your progress? Is it the time? Is it the setting? Is it the workout? Whatever it is change it! You don’t have to spend an hour at the gym to live a healthier lifestyle and see results. Even 20-30 minutes per day of physical activity can make a huge difference.  If you just don’t like the gym try taking your workout outdoors, to the pool, in your living room.  And, if it’s the workout you don’t like, well then! Switch it up! Try bodybuilding.com for new workouts, try Orange theory, Crossfit, Zumba etc. The possibilities are endless! If you like what you do to move, you will move!
With that being said, if you are just too busy you can find me here once a month with a new workout for you using things you have at home, in your car, anywhere! This week I’m showing you how you can get a quick workout in while doing the laundry! All you need is a laundry basket and dirty/clean clothes!


Ready! Let’s do this.  

Click here to watch the video! https://youtu.be/5TzenTuMALY


Here’s what I did! 

Fill the basket- Squats -As many squats as necessary to remove handfuls of clothes from the hamper and place them in the basket
Stiff Leg Dead Lifts- I did about 15 of these. Depending on how heavy your laundry is you can really feel the burn!
Basket sleds- Pushed the full laundry basket back and forth 3 times
Laundry Lunges- Held the full laundry basket and lunged from the bedroom to the laundry room twice. 
Squat & Toss- As many times as you need to squat to grab the clothes and toss them in the washer
Front raises- I did about 15 of these. You could easily break them up into a couple sets of 10 for a better shoulder workout!
Bent over rows- I did about 15 of these as well. Again, you could break these up into sets or even superset them with the front raises!
Alternating reverse lunges- As many as you need to put the wet clothes into the dryer
Russian Twist(Abs)- You can work your abs and fold laundry! Just do as many as it takes to fold the laundry
Calf Raises- While hanging the clothes do calf raises every time you reach to hang something up
Then I finished with basket hops and sit ups with my legs on the basket! 

Time flies while you’re having fun and doing chores!

Want more workout ideas!? Checkout the blogs Instagram and Pinterest

And hey! Please fill out the the contact form below! Let me know what you think! 







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Barbells and Boy Shorts. Design by FCD.