gain[z] box

Use What You Have....The Bench Workout

August 11, 2017





Well hey there fancy pants! Glad you could make it! Hey I have some good news, I passed my NASM certified personal training exam. I’m official now! A lot of great things are on the horizon I can feel it! And I hope you all will join me on this journey. So what’s been going on with you? Anything awesome?! I hope so. I mean, at least one good thing…it’s Friday. Go out there and party like its 1999 baby!

Speaking of 1999, remember that? Remember when everyone was freaking out and thought the entire planet was going to shut down as soon as the calendar rolled over to the year 2000? The lights didn't even flicker! LOL. 

Ahhh…..those were funny times. The 90’s were funny times. Can we talk about hammer pants, flat tops and flannel shirts? I mean….seriously. 

Enough chitter chatter, let's get down to business. Lets workout! I think it’s always great to have a convenient, simple workout in your back pocket if you can’t get to the gym, a class or can’t conquer your normal workout routine. 

This week we’re using a bench! Just a regular old park bench. The great thing is that they are available in most parks so it should be easy to find one. A lot of neighborhoods even have them lining the sidewalks now!

Let’s get to it! 

For this workout I jogged a mile along a trail at a park near my work then stopped at a bench to perform the following exercises. 

Step ups: 12 reps each leg


Push ups: 10 reps


Leg raises: 12 reps each leg



Squats: 12 reps

Lunges: 10 reps each leg

Dips: 12 reps

Abs: 12 reps

I ran through this circuit 3 times before jogging back. 

It took me about 25 minutes!


Enjoy! Let me know how you like it!

GIVEAWAY!!!!!

Leave a comment with your best bench-ism, bench pun, or bench joke and you'll be entered to win a good bag full of some of my favorite snacks!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Barbells and Boy Shorts. Design by FCD.